About Me

My photo
For five years I went through hell and back to become a Mummy! I had three miscarriages from natural pregnancies, five IUI attempts, five IVF attempts, and three operations to remove endometriosis, a polyp and a fibroid. I have been with my 'almost perfect' Husband since 2003. We married in 2009 on Valentine's Day and we are extremely happy together. I decided to start a blog because I needed to write down my thoughts and feelings to show myself and others how I was never going to give up until we got our forever baby.

Since having my baby, I'm inspired to create: Baby Blankets by Me & Mum

Wednesday 16 January 2013

27 Weeks / 3rd Trimester

Wow, we're on the home straight! In 10 weeks baby will be fully baked at 37 weeks!

All is still good. Bump is defo growing now and I feel heavier and I have noticed that my belly button is shallower.


27 weeks

I had my first bath rather than a shower and it was great fun to watch my bump moving as baby kicks, making the water ripple. Also baby stuck it's bum or head out and distorted my bump, and we could feel this hard, round thing for the first time!

When I went back to work after the Christmas break I thought I'd have a big bump that everyone would notice but I still haven't, and so I decided to start announcing it to people. Everyone that I have told has been so lovely and I've really been surprised - I never realised that a pregnancy is such a happy event for everyone around you, even relative strangers!

So, exciting things happening at the moment:

  • 4/3D scan on Monday - can't wait to see baby in more detail and see how much they have grown!
  • The nursery's new window is almost finished and so Hubby can finish the decorating, the carpet fitters can come, and we can set up all that we have so far!
  • 28 week midwife appointment in a week
  • Mum's organising a large baby shower back in my home town
  • I'm organising a smaller baby shower where we live now for friends and neighbours
I could burst with excitement!

No comments:

Post a Comment