About Me

My photo
For five years I went through hell and back to become a Mummy! I had three miscarriages from natural pregnancies, five IUI attempts, five IVF attempts, and three operations to remove endometriosis, a polyp and a fibroid. I have been with my 'almost perfect' Husband since 2003. We married in 2009 on Valentine's Day and we are extremely happy together. I decided to start a blog because I needed to write down my thoughts and feelings to show myself and others how I was never going to give up until we got our forever baby.

Since having my baby, I'm inspired to create: Baby Blankets by Me & Mum

Sunday 3 March 2013

Baby Shower #1- 34 weeks!



My Mum organised a great baby shower for me back home. She invited so many people that we had to hire a venue rather than try to squeeze everyone into her house! Hubby was off work so he was able to take me which stopped everyone fussing about me driving on the motorway while heavily pregnant and tired. I thought it was also great for him to experience the shower too - so much happiness and love from everyone for our baby.

Mum had bought several huge scrummy cakes and my Auntie had made scones and pink and blue fairy cakes:

One of my cousins made a gorgeous coffee cake, and Mum's best friend bought a huge Baby Shower cake:

My family were such a great help to my Mum and me at the shower. My Sister-in-law collected my Mum and all the stuff and helped her set up the venue. My Aunties sorted out the tea and coffee for those people not drinking from the bar. My cousins sorted out the music and games such as guess how many babies in the bottle, guess the size of the pregnancy bump, guess the baby food, match the family photographs of babies and how they look now, name the baby of each type of animal and guess the celebrity from their baby picture. We also gave everyone a raffle ticket when they arrived and Mum had put together a prize box! Everyone had fun and enjoyed themselves.

Hubby and I were overwhelmed by everyone's kindness and generosity - our baby will be so loved and spoiled! Here are just a few of the gifts:

 
 

   

I bought and wrapped Hubby a present so he didn't feel left out:

So here I am at 34 weeks:


34 Week bump pic

I still can't believe I am pregnant and one day very soon I will have our baby in my arms!




No comments:

Post a Comment