About Me

My photo
For five years I went through hell and back to become a Mummy! I had three miscarriages from natural pregnancies, five IUI attempts, five IVF attempts, and three operations to remove endometriosis, a polyp and a fibroid. I have been with my 'almost perfect' Husband since 2003. We married in 2009 on Valentine's Day and we are extremely happy together. I decided to start a blog because I needed to write down my thoughts and feelings to show myself and others how I was never going to give up until we got our forever baby.

Since having my baby, I'm inspired to create: Baby Blankets by Me & Mum

Tuesday 9 April 2013

39 Weeks!

Wow - I really thought I would have Baby early for some reason and yet here we are at 39 weeks, just one week away from baby's due date. We've been going for walks and I've been bouncing on my birth ball. I get lots of tightenings but no pains yet!

I've been getting quite worried for no reason, it just seems the longer we wait the more I find it hard to believe that we will soon be bringing a baby home. I'm not nervous or worried about labour - it's just that after all we have been through I find it difficult to accept that we will finally be parents and get our happy ending. I'm not being negative and I know it's irrational, in fact it's hard to explain. We're so excited and just impatient!

  

 
38 Week Bump

 

 
39 Week Bump

We saw the midwife yesterday and Baby's head is 3/5ths engaged and Baby is in an ideal position for birth, this does not indicate that Baby will come soon though. We see the midwife next Monday for our full-term appointment, and then we're back to the consultant a week Friday for our 41weeks appointment - probably to discuss induction!

We're really hoping that we don't make it to either of these appointments! Come on Baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment