About Me

My photo
For five years I went through hell and back to become a Mummy! I had three miscarriages from natural pregnancies, five IUI attempts, five IVF attempts, and three operations to remove endometriosis, a polyp and a fibroid. I have been with my 'almost perfect' Husband since 2003. We married in 2009 on Valentine's Day and we are extremely happy together. I decided to start a blog because I needed to write down my thoughts and feelings to show myself and others how I was never going to give up until we got our forever baby.

Since having my baby, I'm inspired to create: Baby Blankets by Me & Mum

Thursday 24 May 2012

Answers in Athens - Sperm Analysis & DNA Fragmentation

Hubby's Semen Analysis results:

  • Number of Spermatozoa / ml 58,000,000 (according to the World Health Organisation WHO, normal is anything over 15,000,000)
  • Total Sperm Number 203,000,000 (normal is anything over 40,000,000)
  • Motility 60% (normal is anything over 50%)
  • Morphology 20% (normal is anything over 4%)



Hubby's Sperm DNA Fragmentation results:

Fragmentation (%) of Total sperm:
  • High fragmentation 7% (normal is anything less than 15%)
  • Total fragmentation 10% (normal is anything less than 30%)


Fragmentation (%) of Motile sperm:
  • High fragmentation 3% (normal is anything less than 15%)
  • Total fragmentation 4% (normal is anything less than 30%)


The sperm sample that Hubby produced was frozen in two vials by the clinic so that if we wanted to do IVF in the future at the clinic and Hubby couldn't get the time off work, he wouldn't actually need to be there as they can use the frozen sperm.


No comments:

Post a Comment