About Me

My photo
For five years I went through hell and back to become a Mummy! I had three miscarriages from natural pregnancies, five IUI attempts, five IVF attempts, and three operations to remove endometriosis, a polyp and a fibroid. I have been with my 'almost perfect' Husband since 2003. We married in 2009 on Valentine's Day and we are extremely happy together. I decided to start a blog because I needed to write down my thoughts and feelings to show myself and others how I was never going to give up until we got our forever baby.

Since having my baby, I'm inspired to create: Baby Blankets by Me & Mum

Saturday 5 May 2012

Transfer is a go!

I had another restless sleep last night trying to maintain my positivity and trying to stop my mind running through all the possible scenarios that the trip to the clinic would bring.

We arrived at the clinic at 8am on the dot. I almost told Hubby to leave the bag with my slippers, nightie and dressing gown in the car, because I thought it would be too embarrassing carrying it out when we had to leave in front of other couples if there was going to be no transfer. Luckily no one else was there and as soon as we arrived a nurse told us to come through. I explained that we needed to talk to an embryologist as a transfer might not be going ahead and she went to check. Next thing she said that they still want me to come through to cubicles and then she put my patient wrist band on.
At this point I said to Hubby that they better hadn't be getting our hopes up for nothing getting me all ready like this!

Soon the embryologist came to talk to us and she had good news! Our 9 cell embryo had developed and was showing signs of compacting and becoming a morula. It wasn't a blastocyst yet but was about one and half stages away from that. But at this point it was only very early on day 5 that we were having the transfer and so the embryo may have developed even more if we'd had an afternoon transfer. Today was the best day to put it back into me because in a natural cycle it would have reached the woman's womb today.
The other news was that the 5 cell had started to die and so that would be discarded but the 6 cell was looking 'different' so they weren't sure if that may continue developing. We decided to put the 6 cell back as well as the developing morula.

I was given temazepam to help me relax and Hubby massaged my shoulders and I just lay back and smiled - I was happy so it wasn't hard! The actual transfer itself went really well. The embryologist, the nurse performing the transfer and the nurse helping were all really lovely! The were helping me relax, checking I was ok and explaining every step.

Afterwards I relaxed for 30 minutes and then the nurse showed us how to do the gestone injections and she did it really well and it wasn't as painful as I'd expected! These injections are done every other day (as well as the bum bullets everyday) and are extra help to maintain my womb lining. The other thing I started today was the steroids to help fight my Uterine Natural Killer Cells.

The nurse actually hugged me on the way out and said she really hoped that this was it for us and if we needed any help with injections to pop in and see her! We were really touched and so grateful!

So I'm tired but very happy and hopeful. Roll on the 16th May - test day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment