About Me

My photo
For five years I went through hell and back to become a Mummy! I had three miscarriages from natural pregnancies, five IUI attempts, five IVF attempts, and three operations to remove endometriosis, a polyp and a fibroid. I have been with my 'almost perfect' Husband since 2003. We married in 2009 on Valentine's Day and we are extremely happy together. I decided to start a blog because I needed to write down my thoughts and feelings to show myself and others how I was never going to give up until we got our forever baby.

Since having my baby, I'm inspired to create: Baby Blankets by Me & Mum

Sunday 13 May 2012

IVF #5 2WW - Keeping the Dream Alive!

Today I am 8days past 5day transfer or 13DPO. The 2WW is almost over and the wobbles have started.

Time has been going relatively fast and I've been very positive and upbeat but as soon as I hit 11DPO I knew that I normally would consider testing from that day onwards and would get a definitive result! So with each day that passes I know that a test would give me a true outcome by now. It has started to stress me a bit and my positivity waivers.

If I tested now I could end the stress but if it is negative then the dream is over and I'll have to face such tremendous heartache and sadness. Obviously if it was positive then it would shear elation but I would still have an agonising wait until my 6week scan. So in fact the longer I wait the better - I keep the dream alive and I get nearer to 6 weeks.

Official test day is Wednesday when I am 16DPO or 11days past 5 day transfer. We are still planning on going into the clinic for them to tell me the result. This is actually the positive part of me because I'm seeing it as an opportunity to book my scan date when they tell me it is positive! I've pictured every nurse at the clinic walking into the room with the good news - I've been going there for treatment for over 2 years now so I know all their faces!

I've had no symptoms but many ladies don't have any so it's difficult to know what to think. I'm on steroids and they can mask some symptoms. I've been sleeping badly but haven't really had many night sweats which I've had when pregnant before. So for now I'll have to wait a few more days and try to remain positive!

No comments:

Post a Comment