About Me

My photo
For five years I went through hell and back to become a Mummy! I had three miscarriages from natural pregnancies, five IUI attempts, five IVF attempts, and three operations to remove endometriosis, a polyp and a fibroid. I have been with my 'almost perfect' Husband since 2003. We married in 2009 on Valentine's Day and we are extremely happy together. I decided to start a blog because I needed to write down my thoughts and feelings to show myself and others how I was never going to give up until we got our forever baby.

Since having my baby, I'm inspired to create: Baby Blankets by Me & Mum

Sunday 15 January 2012

Results

Saturday's post brought the letter I wanted but was dreading - the results from the analysis of 'the products of conception'. I was crying before we read the letter knowing that it doesn't matter what it says because the whole situation is so sad and unfair!

The baby wasn't genetically normal and that is why the pregnancy didn't progress.

It doesn't necessarily mean that this will happen again but the fact that my eggs are old means that there is more chance of infertility or miscarriage:


How does Egg Quality affect Fertility?Egg quality has a huge impact on your fertility. If you have poor quality eggs, you will probably have a difficult time getting pregnant and staying pregnant. The impact of poor quality eggs is reflected in the general decline in pregnancy rates as women age. Women between the ages of 15 and 25 have a 40% chance of conceiving every cycle. Women who are over 40 however, have less than a 25% chance of becoming pregnant naturally. This is due to the fact that women who are older tend to have fewer eggs and eggs of a poorer quality.
Poorer quality eggs can be one of the major causes of infertility in a number of ways. Firstly, poor quality eggs can make conceiving a child very difficult. If a baby is conceived, a poor quality egg can make the difference between carrying your baby to term or losing it in the first few weeks. Many poor quality eggs do not implant properly into the uterus once they are fertilized. Others implant properly but are simply not healthy enough to grow and divide, resulting in a miscarriage.
http://www.fertilityfactor.com/infertility_egg_quality.html
Reading all this you may ask 'why bother' but our need for a child keeps us going, and we try to stay positive and hope that we beat the odds and get lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment