About Me

My photo
For five years I went through hell and back to become a Mummy! I had three miscarriages from natural pregnancies, five IUI attempts, five IVF attempts, and three operations to remove endometriosis, a polyp and a fibroid. I have been with my 'almost perfect' Husband since 2003. We married in 2009 on Valentine's Day and we are extremely happy together. I decided to start a blog because I needed to write down my thoughts and feelings to show myself and others how I was never going to give up until we got our forever baby.

Since having my baby, I'm inspired to create: Baby Blankets by Me & Mum

Friday 27 April 2012

Final Follicle Growth Scan

Today's scan was as eventful as ever, one follicle had grown and one had not, and two others had appeared!

The nurse was really nice today and she kept apologising because the scan had hurt me - the endometriosis on my left ovary was irritated by the scan to the point were I nearly shot off the bed with the pain and it made my eyes water!

One follicle is 21mm and ready for EC but the other was measuring 14mm which means no growth. So I have to carry on with the stimm drugs today and tomorrow but do the trigger shot at 9:30pm tomorrow night. Then no drugs on Sunday and EC is Monday morning. Guessing by my trigger shot time, I think I will be the first to go into theatre (trigger shot is normally done 36 hours before collection). Hubby was joking saying that they are probably thinking 'get the easy one out of the way first'!

There were two other follicles at 7mm and 9.5mm which are probably too small to catch up in time for  EC. But on a positive note, my womb lining was 11mm which is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment