About Me

My photo
For five years I went through hell and back to become a Mummy! I had three miscarriages from natural pregnancies, five IUI attempts, five IVF attempts, and three operations to remove endometriosis, a polyp and a fibroid. I have been with my 'almost perfect' Husband since 2003. We married in 2009 on Valentine's Day and we are extremely happy together. I decided to start a blog because I needed to write down my thoughts and feelings to show myself and others how I was never going to give up until we got our forever baby.

Since having my baby, I'm inspired to create: Baby Blankets by Me & Mum

Thursday 19 April 2012

IVF #5 Starts

Yesterday AF arrived and we went to the clinic for our nurse appointment. We filled in paper work that needed updating and I had some blood tests done. We were all good to go apart from a scan - the clinic was too busy and so I had to go back today!
Anyway, the scan today went well and I can start the injections tonight. I had between 7-9 antral follicles which we hope will all grow and contain eggs. I am on 450iu of Gonal F and in about 5 days I will start the second injection of Cetrotide to stop me ovulating. This is the short protocol, the same one as the last two cycles we've tried. This time we're hoping for the response to be as good as IVF #3 but obviously with a more positive outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment