About Me

My photo
For five years I went through hell and back to become a Mummy! I had three miscarriages from natural pregnancies, five IUI attempts, five IVF attempts, and three operations to remove endometriosis, a polyp and a fibroid. I have been with my 'almost perfect' Husband since 2003. We married in 2009 on Valentine's Day and we are extremely happy together. I decided to start a blog because I needed to write down my thoughts and feelings to show myself and others how I was never going to give up until we got our forever baby.

Since having my baby, I'm inspired to create: Baby Blankets by Me & Mum

Monday 23 April 2012

Follicle Development Scans and Decisions to Make!

After taking all the supplements for ages I had high hopes for this cycle only to have them all dashed at the first scan. I had the grand total of two follicles - one on each ovary! They were 13mm and 14mm so at least growing at the same rate, whoopidoo something is going right! The womb lining was 8.4mm.

The nurse said I should start the Cetrotide injections to stop me ovulating but I just asked if there was any point. She said that I was on the highest dose and I wouldn't recruit any more follicles at this stage, then she gave me and Hubby a few minutes to talk about things but we couldn't decide. The nurse said we may as well make an appointment for another scan in two days time and we could always cancel that if we decided to abandon the cycle.

Hubby and I talked about it and he believed that we should carry on because even if it is a small chance we should take it. I however, thought that we should recoup some of the money we had paid and use it to try again on a different cycle.

We talked, or should I say Hubby talked and I just moped about - I think I was in shock and I was devastated. We decided to continue with the drugs and go to the next scan and see how we felt.

The second scan was a bit traumatic as the nurse took a while to find the follicles! Not what you want when there is only two anyway! Also I have an endometriosis cyst on my left ovary and the drugs have irritated it and scanning that side was painful. Anyway, the follicles had grown to 15mm and 16mm and the womb lining is 8.7mm so all is progressing as it should be.

Next scan in two days (Friday) and we should be ready for egg collection a couple of days later (Monday).

So we have to hope that our two follicles contain eggs, and that the eggs are normal, and that the sperm fertilise them ok, that they make it to day 5 so that I can have a blastocyst transfer and be in with a chance!

No comments:

Post a Comment