About Me

My photo
For five years I went through hell and back to become a Mummy! I had three miscarriages from natural pregnancies, five IUI attempts, five IVF attempts, and three operations to remove endometriosis, a polyp and a fibroid. I have been with my 'almost perfect' Husband since 2003. We married in 2009 on Valentine's Day and we are extremely happy together. I decided to start a blog because I needed to write down my thoughts and feelings to show myself and others how I was never going to give up until we got our forever baby.

Since having my baby, I'm inspired to create: Baby Blankets by Me & Mum

Tuesday 3 April 2012

Peak Problem

So we haven't given up on our natural cycle and I have been POAS each morning and using my Clearblue Fertility Monitor. Since I started this on CD6 the monitor has read 'HIGH' which is strange because it normally starts off at 'LOW'. I thought maybe the DHEA is affecting it but no, the monitor is right as I am going to ovulate earlier than normal this cycle! How do I know this, well I got my 'PEAK' this morning:

Monitor indicates CD11 and has three bars with an egg in the top one that indicates PEAK fertility! The monitor stick above shows a dark LH line and a light oestrogen line.
So normally this would be great and Hubby and I would be getting busy! However, this morning I have to go for my smear test. I was meant to have it in November but I didn't want it while I was pregnant and then I had the miscarriage, wonky cycles and IUI treatment. Also seeing as how I'm going into IVF after this cycle, I can't really put it off again.

Smear tests are very important and it is a shame that in the UK the big surge we had after Jade Goody died of cervical cancer, has almost reversed and ladies going for tests is very low again.
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/03/19/jade-goody-cervical-cancer-women-smear-tests_n_1361915.html?ref=uk

1 comment:

  1. Hope you don't mind my popping in. Always hoping to see that baby ticker on your fb wall!

    HUGE luck for you natural cycle! xxxxxx

    Rachel King

    ReplyDelete