About Me

My photo
For five years I went through hell and back to become a Mummy! I had three miscarriages from natural pregnancies, five IUI attempts, five IVF attempts, and three operations to remove endometriosis, a polyp and a fibroid. I have been with my 'almost perfect' Husband since 2003. We married in 2009 on Valentine's Day and we are extremely happy together. I decided to start a blog because I needed to write down my thoughts and feelings to show myself and others how I was never going to give up until we got our forever baby.

Since having my baby, I'm inspired to create: Baby Blankets by Me & Mum

Wednesday 25 April 2012

Support from an Angel

Hubby is an angel in disguise I'm sure!

Being so upset by how badly our 5th IVF had started I couldn't talk to anyone about it. I was trying to stay composed and go to work as normal. I think I was actually in shock - I've been trying to be so positive about things for so long now, and not much about our infertility upsets me too deeply anymore, or so I thought. I didn't even want to talk to Hubby about it, even though he tried to get me to open up.

I texted him from work to say how sorry I was for my moody behaviour and explained how upset I was and I didn't mean to take it out on him. I arrived home from work to find he'd tidied up, cleaned the carpet and bought red glass candle lanterns and lit them around the room - it all looked and smelt wonderful. Also, before he even got my message he had been out shopping to buy me little treats to try and cheer me up!

I got:

  • a card with 'This is a Hug' on it with a lovely message inside
  • a Winnie The Pooh fridge magnet shopping list
  • a Winnie The Pooh notebook
  • Valentine's Day DVD
  • The Backup Plan DVD
  • A furry dog bookmark
  • a clip-on book night light
  • a box of my favourite Guylian chocolates

Also with every present (which he'd wrapped up) he had written a word on post-its that made up the sentence:

Everything will be alright in the end ...

No comments:

Post a Comment