About Me

My photo
For five years I went through hell and back to become a Mummy! I had three miscarriages from natural pregnancies, five IUI attempts, five IVF attempts, and three operations to remove endometriosis, a polyp and a fibroid. I have been with my 'almost perfect' Husband since 2003. We married in 2009 on Valentine's Day and we are extremely happy together. I decided to start a blog because I needed to write down my thoughts and feelings to show myself and others how I was never going to give up until we got our forever baby.

Since having my baby, I'm inspired to create: Baby Blankets by Me & Mum

Sunday 23 September 2012

Telling the Parents

5weeks3days

Got really excited as Mum arrived by train and I told her she would have to come with us to the clinic because I was going to ask for more Femara.  Really we were going to have our first scan!

The Professor scanned me and said very quickly "you're definitely pregnant and it is in the perfect place". On the screen we saw the sac, yolk sac and fetal pole:



The Prof looked at my ovaries and said that I have ovulated from my left ovary which was a big surprise because of my blocked left tube!

In the waiting room I gave Mum the scan picture and said "Look at that!" and she asked what it was and I said a baby! She was really shocked and started crying and asked if I had known!

5w4d

We all went to visit Hubbys parents. We had to wait all day to tell them because Hubby's Sister was there and also Hubby's Niece and Nephew were staying and we needed to wait until they went to bed. During the day everyone was having a drink and so I pretended to have a glass of wine but Hubby and Mum drank it when no one was looking.
At the dinner table when we were finally all sat down, Hubby asked me to stand up and said to his parents "How many people do you see standing there?" (He got this idea from Only Fools and Horses). His parents didn't understand what he was going on about so he told them I was pregnant so there is two! They were very happy for us!

5w5d

Hubby told his Grandad over the phone because he doesn't live near. We know he won't tell any one else. He is very happy for us and asks about us every day!

So the plan is to tell everyone else at my 40th Birthday meal September 22nd when I will be nearly 10 weeks!


No comments:

Post a Comment