About Me

My photo
For five years I went through hell and back to become a Mummy! I had three miscarriages from natural pregnancies, five IUI attempts, five IVF attempts, and three operations to remove endometriosis, a polyp and a fibroid. I have been with my 'almost perfect' Husband since 2003. We married in 2009 on Valentine's Day and we are extremely happy together. I decided to start a blog because I needed to write down my thoughts and feelings to show myself and others how I was never going to give up until we got our forever baby.

Since having my baby, I'm inspired to create: Baby Blankets by Me & Mum

Friday 4 November 2011

Affirmations and Gratitude

Since I read 'The Secret' I have been writing a list of what I'm grateful for nearly every evening and I believe it works in helping me to feel more positive and happy. It also makes me more aware of all the good things in my life no matter how small, and it has turned me into a 'glass is half full' person.


The other thing that I have read about but not so much practised (until the holiday), is affirmations. These are positive sayings that you repeat over and over anytime; for example an affirmation for abundance could be 'The more grateful I am, the more reasons I find to be grateful' or an affirmation for self esteem could be 'When I believe in myself, so do others'. So on holiday when I thought that perhaps the symptoms could be something other than PMT or holiday excess, I started my own type of affirmation. Whenever I felt negative I started muttering to myself - saying three baby names over and over, names that we would possibly call our child. It really helped and made me smile.
Hubby only caught me talking to myself once but as Monday (scan day) draws nearer I'm sure he won't mind my ramblings and will possibly even join in!

No comments:

Post a Comment