About Me

My photo
For five years I went through hell and back to become a Mummy! I had three miscarriages from natural pregnancies, five IUI attempts, five IVF attempts, and three operations to remove endometriosis, a polyp and a fibroid. I have been with my 'almost perfect' Husband since 2003. We married in 2009 on Valentine's Day and we are extremely happy together. I decided to start a blog because I needed to write down my thoughts and feelings to show myself and others how I was never going to give up until we got our forever baby.

Since having my baby, I'm inspired to create: Baby Blankets by Me & Mum

Sunday 27 November 2011

Three Angels

I went to the doctors and it was confirmed that I had a UTI and I was given antibiotics. This tipped me over the impatient edge I was on, so we booked in for another private scan for Thursday 3:30pm when I would be 8 weeks. I went along with a full bladder but as she tried to scan my abdomen the picture was unclear like last time. I asked her if she could see a heartbeat but she said she was struggling to see one, so I went and emptied my bladder so she could do the internal scan.

We could see straight away that there was no heartbeat. She zoomed in but it was no use. She took a measurement and the baby had stopped growing at 7 weeks 1 day - three days after we saw a health baby with a heartbeat.

She rang the local hospital and spoke to a nurse there who deals with this type of thing. We were given a report and I asked for the measurement picture she had taken. We paid and left - yes really, it cost us £60 to be told our baby had died!

We went along to the hospital and they asked us what we would like to do (in other words you can wait until you miscarry naturally, they can give you tablets to start the miscarriage or you can have the 'Products of Conception' surgically removed). The last thing I wanted was an op but I knew that I could ask for the remains to be tested to see if we could get any answers as to why this has happened again.

We went in at 9am on Friday 25th November 2011 and I was back home by 8:30pm. The hospital staff were fantastic - so caring and thoughtful.

Physically I was really bad the next day with terrible cramps but now it's just like a bad period and I'm tired. Mentally I don't think it has hit me properly yet. I had a few tears at the scan and on the way to the hospital and I find it hard to control my emotions when people ask how I am but I feel reasonably normal. Saying that I did start crying today because I broke a fridge magnet Hubby had bought me!

Hubby was meant to be going away with work that evening so he rang in sick and he has been a tower of strength and support to me. We will get through this together.

No comments:

Post a Comment