About Me

My photo
For five years I went through hell and back to become a Mummy! I had three miscarriages from natural pregnancies, five IUI attempts, five IVF attempts, and three operations to remove endometriosis, a polyp and a fibroid. I have been with my 'almost perfect' Husband since 2003. We married in 2009 on Valentine's Day and we are extremely happy together. I decided to start a blog because I needed to write down my thoughts and feelings to show myself and others how I was never going to give up until we got our forever baby.

Since having my baby, I'm inspired to create: Baby Blankets by Me & Mum

Wednesday 2 November 2011

How did it happen?

Since our last IVF cycle we moved into our new house and have been really busy trying to sort things out and get straight.  We hadn't given up on TTC but we weren't really thinking about it, so I didn't even know what cycle day I was on for most of the month and I had no idea when I ovulated or if we had even done the deed at the right time! Before we go off on holiday I packed sanitary towels 'just in case' and for some reason I decided to throw in a cheap pregnancy test.


So we're having a great holiday but as it goes on I had no sign of the witch and had some symptoms that could have been PMT or even just because I was on hols and eating and drinking too much and staying up late etc.


I decided not to mention anything to Hubby until the last morning. I didn't tell him and went into the loo and did the test and the 2nd line came up within 10 seconds! But then I read the test instructions and it said if the line wasn't as dark or darker than the control line then it is negative and mine wasn't quite as dark. Luckily I have used these before and only got a faint line with the IVF HCG trigger in me, so to have such a good line was fab.


I went back into the bedroom and said to Hubby "we're taking an extra souvenir home with us!"  and showed him the test - we were both crying with happiness and then proceeded to ring our families from abroad.

I did an expensive test when we got home from hols at 2am and the test line was darker than the control and the next morning I did a digital test and it said pregnant 1-2 weeks. I did a supermarket test today and that had a good line on it too!




Test 1
Tests 2 & 3
Test 4






No comments:

Post a Comment