About Me

My photo
For five years I went through hell and back to become a Mummy! I had three miscarriages from natural pregnancies, five IUI attempts, five IVF attempts, and three operations to remove endometriosis, a polyp and a fibroid. I have been with my 'almost perfect' Husband since 2003. We married in 2009 on Valentine's Day and we are extremely happy together. I decided to start a blog because I needed to write down my thoughts and feelings to show myself and others how I was never going to give up until we got our forever baby.

Since having my baby, I'm inspired to create: Baby Blankets by Me & Mum

Tuesday 22 November 2011

Nausea

On Saturday when I was 7 weeks 2 days nausea really hit. Nothing I eat helps apart from polo mints and sprite. The worst bit can be in the mornings as I wake - I feel terrible! It also makes me really tired and I just want to hibernate. It nearly brought me to tears last night when Hubby, Mum and I went to the pub and I felt so sick while eating gorgeous macaroni cheese that I had been craving - luckily I told myself to get a grip and be positive!

Example of my normal daily menu:
Cup of tea
Smoothie
Shreddies and hot milk

Peanut butter sandwiches on wholemeal bread
Probiotoc yoghurt
Water

Vegtable Quiche
New potatoes
Sprouts
Broccoli
Carrots
Cabbage
Lollyice

Nausea Menu Example:
Cup of tea

Smoothie
Shreddies and hot milk

Chips
Curly Wurly
Orange Juice

Cheese Bagel
Sprite
Galaxy chocolate
Strawberry liquorice laces

Another problem is my digestive system is really sluggish. I read that the pregnancy hormones progesterone and estrogen slow down the system so that food stays inside for longer than usual so that more nutrients can be salvagedThe result is constipation! It's not really bad at the moment but has lead to bloating and a hemorroid! 


So my plan of action is:

  • Start swimming again even if I am tired
  • Drink more water not Sprite
  • Eat more nuts and yoghurts
  • Keep applying the pile cream!



Even with feeling bad I'm still so happy, after all this is what I've always wanted and it's all for a good cause. Plus at least I feel really pregnant!

No comments:

Post a Comment