About Me

My photo
For five years I went through hell and back to become a Mummy! I had three miscarriages from natural pregnancies, five IUI attempts, five IVF attempts, and three operations to remove endometriosis, a polyp and a fibroid. I have been with my 'almost perfect' Husband since 2003. We married in 2009 on Valentine's Day and we are extremely happy together. I decided to start a blog because I needed to write down my thoughts and feelings to show myself and others how I was never going to give up until we got our forever baby.

Since having my baby, I'm inspired to create: Baby Blankets by Me & Mum

Wednesday 16 November 2011

Second Scan (6weeks 6days)

Hubby and I decided to pay for a private scan as 7 weeks is a big mile stone for us to pass and we just wanted to be 100% sure all is as it should be.

The sonographer was very nice and tried to scan me externally but my womb was tilted and we couldn't get a good enough picture - I almost had a panic attack because at first we could see nothing, then the sac came into focus, then something in the sac and then the sonographer said "there's the baby and I can see it's heartbeat," PHEW!

So with an empty bladder and an internal scan we got to see so much more. It was great to see the baby which is still nowhere near looking like a baby. It's chest area was really white on the screen and the heart was beating away really fast! The next bit was AMAZING! The sonographer turned the sound on and we could hear the heatbeat! This made everything so much more real and was a very emotional moment for Hubby and me. All we can think about is that a baby, currently the size of a blueberry, with a heartbeat is growing inside me. We couldn't speak and just listened. I really can't put into words how we felt but it was the best feeling in the World so far in our lives!




I got home and there was a letter for an NHS scan in 3weeks when I'll be 10weeks - 3 weeks is a long wait at this stage but I know at 10weeks our baby really will look like a baby and could be moving around! Exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment