About Me

My photo
For five years I went through hell and back to become a Mummy! I had three miscarriages from natural pregnancies, five IUI attempts, five IVF attempts, and three operations to remove endometriosis, a polyp and a fibroid. I have been with my 'almost perfect' Husband since 2003. We married in 2009 on Valentine's Day and we are extremely happy together. I decided to start a blog because I needed to write down my thoughts and feelings to show myself and others how I was never going to give up until we got our forever baby.

Since having my baby, I'm inspired to create: Baby Blankets by Me & Mum

Monday 28 November 2011

Waiting to try again

Today I rang the obstetrician, midwife and scan department to cancel all my appointments. I've been a bit weepy so having to explain why I'm cancelling wasn't great. I was fine until I washed my new bedding on the wrong cycle and it all ran. Then Hubby's work rang and they have had to shift his days around because he's had time off and now we have to cancel our trip to the Christmas Market and lose 1000s of airmiles we used to pay for the hotel! Apparently my capacity bucket is full and at the moment any little thing added to it can make it overflow. It's also making me a bit clingy - poor Hubby! Already the tears are threatening to spill because he'll be away one night this week!

So maybe going back to work tomorrow isn't a good idea. I think I'll be ok as long as no one is nice to me - isn't it always the "are you alright?" question which sets you off when you're not alright! A few mischievous students in the Library should keep me annoyed and in control.

So back to work, get on with life. I've got to do a pregnancy test in 2 weeks and ring the hospital and let them know the result - I'm not sure why, maybe for their records? Once the hormone is out of my system we can start TTC again, well we should really wait to see what the results are in case there is a reason why we shouldn't or if I need more tests or medication. We have emailed the FS to see if he has any advice and also to see if the Recurrent Miscarriage Clinic can do anything else for us. We have also bought a Clearblue Fertility Monitor to try and work out my fertile times over the next three months.

So I'm waiting for the bleeding to stop, I'm weaning off the steroids and finishing my antibiotics for the UTI. I'm then going to get checked out to make sure that the UTI has gone. Then I'm going to do lots of swimming and lose the few pounds I've put on! Soon I'll hopefully be feeling normal again - well on the surface!

No comments:

Post a Comment