About Me

My photo
For five years I went through hell and back to become a Mummy! I had three miscarriages from natural pregnancies, five IUI attempts, five IVF attempts, and three operations to remove endometriosis, a polyp and a fibroid. I have been with my 'almost perfect' Husband since 2003. We married in 2009 on Valentine's Day and we are extremely happy together. I decided to start a blog because I needed to write down my thoughts and feelings to show myself and others how I was never going to give up until we got our forever baby.

Since having my baby, I'm inspired to create: Baby Blankets by Me & Mum

Wednesday 3 August 2011

Almost time for IVF#4

I've just come back from my acupuncture appointment - it is so nice to see Katrina again. I don't know whether the acupuncture actually does anything but just talking to Katrina helps, it's like a therapy session. Today Katrina said my kidney pulse was off balance and so I had about 3 needles inserted around my bellybutton. When she took them out I had a few seconds of weird tingling in my tummy, it must be doing something. I told Katrina that I had been really thirsty lately even though I was drinking lots of water and my rooibos Earl Grey tea. Katrina reminded me that IVF puts a strain on my kidneys so I really need to up my fluids intake. I'm sure she doesn't mean a pint of cider with your curry like I had last night (first drop of alcohol in ages).

Tomorrow I'm back to the clinic to start IVF #4. I thought I'd be starting today but my period hasn't shown up yet. I normally have a 29 day cycle but since IVF #3 in May my body is doing it's own thing. I do feel like my period is on it's way though and I hope it really is this time, ready for tomorrow!
I'm excited about starting it all again - I know a lot of ladies hate going through it all but if this is the only way we're going to have our child, I'm like "Bring it on!"
I have everything ready - the Gonal F, the Cetrotide, the Pregnyl, the Cyclogest and the Gestone. Well I say everything but I haven't sorted out the steroids yet, so hopefully I can get them sorted tomorrow while at the clinic.

Hubby has planned what we're eating for this week including what I'm to have while he is working away - he is an angel. Plenty of protein on the menu and generally majorly healthy foods as usual to help me grow good eggies!

No comments:

Post a Comment