About Me

My photo
For five years I went through hell and back to become a Mummy! I had three miscarriages from natural pregnancies, five IUI attempts, five IVF attempts, and three operations to remove endometriosis, a polyp and a fibroid. I have been with my 'almost perfect' Husband since 2003. We married in 2009 on Valentine's Day and we are extremely happy together. I decided to start a blog because I needed to write down my thoughts and feelings to show myself and others how I was never going to give up until we got our forever baby.

Since having my baby, I'm inspired to create: Baby Blankets by Me & Mum

Wednesday 3 August 2011

Game On!

My period turned up today and so I went to the clinic and had a baseline scan which showed I was ready to start - yipee! I asked for an antral follicle count and I have about 9 altogether which is how many eggs I got last cycle, so I am happy to get the same amount but you always hope there is going to be more to give you a better chance.
I will start the Gonal F injections tomorrow 450iu once a day. Then back for my first scan on Monday to see how many follicles are growing and how big they are, also to see if I need to start the Cetrotide injections to stop me ovulating before Egg Collection.

On the way back from the clinic we stopped off at the garden centre and bought a tiny cactus, which we are going to nurture and grow alongside our baby:



I got my toenails done today (Minx) so that everytime I look at my feet I can smile:

This evening we went for our hotair balloon ride, our 7th attempt in 13months, and it was too windy! I'm hoping that I'll have to postpone it now for at least 9 months!

Tonight I will be reading my latest book - Chicken Soup For The Expectant Mother's Soul, if it's any good I'll add it to my favourites:


No comments:

Post a Comment