About Me

My photo
For five years I went through hell and back to become a Mummy! I had three miscarriages from natural pregnancies, five IUI attempts, five IVF attempts, and three operations to remove endometriosis, a polyp and a fibroid. I have been with my 'almost perfect' Husband since 2003. We married in 2009 on Valentine's Day and we are extremely happy together. I decided to start a blog because I needed to write down my thoughts and feelings to show myself and others how I was never going to give up until we got our forever baby.

Since having my baby, I'm inspired to create: Baby Blankets by Me & Mum

Friday 26 August 2011

Enforced Cold Turkey

So on Sunday evening the garden centre that is 1 mile down the road from us got robbed. But as part of the robbery they ransacked the telephone junction box and knocked all of us in the local area off the grid until this evening - that's 5 days without a landline and more importantly the Internet!

So I couldn't write my blog and I had an entry all ready to post. I couldn't keep up with all my friends and family on Facebook. I couldn't play online games. I couldn't post on my regular forums. I couldn't print the recipe I saw on a morning programme and I'd promised to make it for Hubby and Mum who is visiting. I couldn't research things for our new house - a washing machine, fridge, freezer and tumble dryer are all needed very soon!

I got up each morning and sat on the couch drinking my caffeine-free Earl Grey tea and listened to the silence. Normally I would be clicking on all my favourite sites and seeing what I had missed over night! And the boredom with all this rain - hurry up BT, I can't stand it any longer! Did I get any text messages as promised to update me on the situation - NO! I checked the phone regularly but only silence could be heard until this afternoon when Hubby comes home from work and picks up the phone and says it's working!

No comments:

Post a Comment