About Me

My photo
For five years I went through hell and back to become a Mummy! I had three miscarriages from natural pregnancies, five IUI attempts, five IVF attempts, and three operations to remove endometriosis, a polyp and a fibroid. I have been with my 'almost perfect' Husband since 2003. We married in 2009 on Valentine's Day and we are extremely happy together. I decided to start a blog because I needed to write down my thoughts and feelings to show myself and others how I was never going to give up until we got our forever baby.

Since having my baby, I'm inspired to create: Baby Blankets by Me & Mum

Sunday 14 August 2011

Preparation

So tomorrow is a big day! We have to be at the clinic for 8am and seeing as how I had to do the trigger shot at 9:30pm last night, I think I will be one of the first in for EC. So tonight I need to get a few things ready for tomorrow:

* Freshly washed fluffy pink dressing gown - for covering the awful hospital gown you have to wear, and to keep your bum hidden when walking to theatre in said gown, which is open at the back.

* Deodorised slippers - for walking back and forth to the toilet -many times as the nerves kick in and for antibiotic bum bullet insertion etc. Also to walk to theatre in.

* ipod and book - to keep me distracted from what's going on with other couples around me behind the curtains. Also to keep me from hearing the Drs and nurses footsteps when they come to take me to theatre. Also to help with the agonising wait for Hubby to do his bit and make it back in time before I go to theatre!

* wetwipes - just very handy.

* hand mirror - to see my frightened face before theatre and my scary, make-up free face before we leave the clinic.

* comb - to help me look half normal before leaving the clinic, and also hair brushing soothes me.

* loose clothes - after having all my bits poked around and feeling woosie after theatre, I need clothes that I can put on without bending too much and that don't dig in to my sore bits.

* mobile phone - so I can access the internet for last minute panic research.

* Gestone vials - all ready for the painful jabs, one on alternate days to help my progesterone levels stay up and thus keep womb lining in tact.

Also Hubby takes a camera to take random photo's of me to document the momentus occasion - these will never be seen by anyone! But on the flip side he normally goes and gets me sweets to eat for when I come back from theatre, yum yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment