About Me

My photo
For five years I went through hell and back to become a Mummy! I had three miscarriages from natural pregnancies, five IUI attempts, five IVF attempts, and three operations to remove endometriosis, a polyp and a fibroid. I have been with my 'almost perfect' Husband since 2003. We married in 2009 on Valentine's Day and we are extremely happy together. I decided to start a blog because I needed to write down my thoughts and feelings to show myself and others how I was never going to give up until we got our forever baby.

Since having my baby, I'm inspired to create: Baby Blankets by Me & Mum

Thursday 11 August 2011

Excitement?

So it could be the final follicle scan tomorrow. How am I feeling? Well you'd think I'd be worrying about whether the follicles have grown and if they have, are they more or less the same size. But no, I'm being positive and I know they will have grown, even my two slow ones on the right side. In fact, if anything, I'm slightly nervous of them getting too big and becoming too mature. I found lots of info about follicle sizes, for example: -

The egg within a follicle is usually mature – and ready for harvest- when the follicle measures between 16 and 20 millimeters. http://www.crhivf.com/IVF/IVFStimulation.aspx

A lead follicle should be at least 16 mm on an hMG like Pergonal, it should be at least 18 mm on a recombinant FSH like Gonal-F, and should be about 22 mm on Clomid. Occasionally Gonal-F can produce mature eggs in smaller follicles... http://www.inciid.org/faq.php?cat=infertility101&id=1#18

When the largest follicles reach approximately 18 mm in diameter, the woman takes a shot of hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin - brand name Profasi, Pregnyl, or Ovidrel) http://fertilitytoday.org/frequent_questions.html

So my plan tomorrow is to write down the exact sizes of follies and use the excuse that my Hubby couldn't be with me and he will want details. I will then discuss any concerns I have about sizes, and hopefully I will be booking in for EC on Monday morning.

So I'm excited but hope to be more calm about things tomorrow after the scan. I've not been helping myself though - yesterday I was naughty and read some online forums to see how different ladies have got on with cycling this month. This is naughty because you can't help but compare how well or not so well you are doing in comparison to them. This is silly really because every woman's body is unique and we all have different and varying degrees of problems. We could be various ages, weights and on different drug protocols. But still I read on and see how many follicles they had on the same stim day as me, how many eggs they got from EC and how many fertilised. Then I wait to read how their embryos divide and if any make it to blastocyst and if so what grade were they! And of course the outcome!

Well I've only done that once this time and I won't be doing it again. All my focus is on MY cycle! So with that in mind here is my mantra for tonight:

I have my 9 follicles, they are growing evenly and will contain mature eggs
I have my 9 follicles, they are growing evenly and will contain mature eggs
I have my 9 follicles, they are growing evenly and will contain mature eggs
I have my 9 follicles, they are growing evenly and will contain mature eggs...

No comments:

Post a Comment