About Me

My photo
For five years I went through hell and back to become a Mummy! I had three miscarriages from natural pregnancies, five IUI attempts, five IVF attempts, and three operations to remove endometriosis, a polyp and a fibroid. I have been with my 'almost perfect' Husband since 2003. We married in 2009 on Valentine's Day and we are extremely happy together. I decided to start a blog because I needed to write down my thoughts and feelings to show myself and others how I was never going to give up until we got our forever baby.

Since having my baby, I'm inspired to create: Baby Blankets by Me & Mum

Saturday 13 August 2011

Trigger Shot

So I was instructed by the clinic to do the HCG injection at 9.30pm tonight. "You're not out partying or anything are you?" joked the nurse - well yes actually! One of my old friends is getting married and asked me to go on her Hen Night.

Shamefully I saw the HCG jab as my get-out-early clause because for several reasons I was dreading it:

Problem #1 - A few years ago I was known for being a right party animal BUT because the Hen Night was an hour away I would be driving and not drinking, so no random lies about why I'm not drinking.

Problem #2 - What do I tell people when I leave at practically the beginning of the night? Well my good friend stepped in for me and told them I was off to a wedding reception that was booked well before her Hen Night.

Problem #3 - How do I avoid the babies/children/family situation talk with people I haven't seen for years? This was the one worrying me the most! But luckily because there were so many people to catch up with and so little time, we didn't get past the 'haven't seen you for years where are you living now?'

So I said goodbye to my good friend, sneaked away and rushed home for the trigger shot. And you know what, I was sad - I was having a fun time, catching up with nice people who I used to work with, even though I wasn't drinking and was avoiding the BIG question!

No comments:

Post a Comment